What are your Driver and Vehicle requirements?

In order to drive with Wilma, please see our Driver and Vehicle requirements below:

  • You have a valid Ontario Driver’s License – Class G or equivalent (G1 or G2 is not allowed), you have a minimum of 3 years of driving history in Ontario, you are 25 yrs old or older and your Driver’s License gender is designated as Female.
  • Your name is listed on the insurance policy submitted. If you are a secondary driver, please include a photo of the insurance policy document that has your name on it. Please ensure your insurance company is aware that you will be participating in rideshare activities.
  • Your vehicle has an Ontario license plate and is in good condition with no visible damage, has 4 doors and working seatbelts for every passenger including yourself. To drive in London Ontario your vehicle must be 10 years or newer, for Toronto and GTA your vehicle must be 7 years or newer. Please note commercial branding on your vehicle is not permitted and your vehicle cannot be salvaged or rebuilt. Please ensure that the car information on the submitted registration matches the vehicle description of the submitted insurance document.
  • The name on your Proof of Work Eligibility matches your Driver’s License name and your Proof of Work document is not expired. Valid Proof of Work Eligibility documents include: Canadian passport, Canadian Residency card, Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship card, Certificate of Indian Status and Canadian Work Permit.
  • Your vehicle must pass an inspection by a mechanic licensed by the Ministry of Transportation, who will then issue you a Safety Standards Certificate (SSC). This inspection must be completed annually while driving with Wilma. Please ensure you upload a photo of your Safety Standards Certificate (SSC) within 60 days of passing the inspection for London and 36 days for Toronto and the GTA. For locations of licensed mechanics in London Ontario, please see our list of affiliated licensed mechanics.
  • To drive with Wilma, you must also pass a Motor Vehicle Record check and Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check. Wilma uses a third-party company, Certn, to review these screenings.