Wilma is North America’s first women-driving-women, ride-hailing membership service dedicated to creating a safe space for women to travel and work safely within the ride-hailing gig economy.
We are at the forefront of solutions to provide an alternative, hassle-free ride hailing service and job opportunities that work for and empower women. When you join Wilma, you are entering a community of empowered women who are choosing to travel together.
At Wilma, we recognize the dignity and worth of every person and will provide equal rights and opportunities without discrimination. Therefore, non-binary and trans people will be provided access that is consistent with their gender identity.
Since 2012, transportation-as-a-service has become ingrained in the travel plans of people around the world. Now, for every woman who has ever had to make up a story, fake a phone call, or mention a fake husband to feel safer, Wilma is here.
When you join Wilma, you are entering a community of empowered women who are choosing to ride together. As soon as you sit in the vehicle, you can expect predictability in your experience – focusing on the priorities of your day versus the unknowns in your ride.
In addition to our diligent safety protections and investment in advanced API, all members are directed to upload a selfie on our easy-to-use app, so that Wilma Drivers and Riders feel like they’re driving with a friend, creating an atmosphere of trust and sisterhood.
Wilma does not offer ride sharing with other Rider members at this time.
We are coming soon to London, Ontario and we will be expanding to the GTA and other Canadian and US markets very soon!
You can cancel your Wilma membership by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. After cancelling, your membership benefits remain valid through to the end of your billing period.
Since 2012, transportation-as-a-service has become ingrained in the travel plans of people around the world. Now, for every woman who has wanted to join the ride hailing gig economy but was concerned about her own safety, Wilma is here.
When you join Wilma, you are entering a community of empowered women who are choosing to travel together. As soon as you pick up your Wilma Rider, you can expect predictability in your experience. Wilma is specifically designed to provide you with the opportunity to join the ride hailing gig economy within an atmosphere of trust and sisterhood.
And Wilma offers incredible earning potential, with our Drivers keeping 85% of the ride fare on every ride.
Your vehicle must pass a safety inspection every year. To enjoy a Wilma member discount on your vehicle inspection, see our list of affiliate licenced mechanics for London Ontario.
Important: Check to make sure your mechanic is licenced by the Ministry of Transportation and can issue a Safety Standard Certificate. Please note that Wilma does not cover the cost of the inspection, or any repairs or maintenance needed to pass an inspection.
At Wilma, we recognize the dignity and worth of every person and will provide equal rights and opportunities without discrimination. Therefore, non-binary and trans people will be provided access that is consistent with their gender identity. If you wish to Drive for Wilma, and your gender identity is female, but you do not have an ‘F” on your driver’s license, please reach out to us directly at email@example.com to be provided access.
Ride hailing, also called ride sourcing or ride sharing, is a way for people to request rides to and from the location of their choice, using a smartphone app. Ride hailing for women refers to the process of “hailing” or “hiring” a woman driver by a woman rider to reach her exact destination.
As a Wilma Rider member, not only are you investing in your own peace-of-mind with the knowledge that another woman member is always in the driver’s seat, you will also not be charged the industry-standard booking fee, saving you up to $4.75 (City dependant) on every ride. In addition, by being a part of our travelling sisterhood community, you are helping women Drivers benefit from safe and profitable access to the ride hailing gig economy.
Driving with Wilma will provide you with:
- Increased peace of mind, knowing that a woman is in the backseat
- More cash in hand, with Wilma offering the best earning rates (85% ride fare vs 70% – 75% industry standard) in the ride hailing industry
- Driving time flexibility – with the peace of mind that comes with driving another Wilma female member, you can feel more comfortable driving anytime
- Wilma has brokered deals with partners to reduce the costs of driving for Wilma. In addition, as a member of Wilma, Drivers are also eligible for discounts and perks from our growing list of affiliate partners
Wilma is no ordinary ride hailing service. With Wilma, Rider members know they will always be driven by a woman, and Driver members know another female member is in their back seat. With our unique subscription model comes a community of safety and sisterhood. You will also be connected with like-minded women who share our vision for this incredible movement.
Beyond the core of providing peace of mind for both Drivers and Rider members, we offer lower ride rates for members (NO booking fees per ride) and higher take home revenues for our Drivers (85% of the fares go to our Drivers).
Yes! As part of the Wilma community, women may invite friends, family and colleagues of any gender to ride with them at no extra cost, under the terms and conditions of our community guidelines.
When you join Wilma as a Rider or Driver, you are entering a community of empowered women who are choosing to travel together. With Wilma, all women will feel as though they are in the driver’s seat of their own safety and comfort.
Through our shared community guidelines, Wilma Drivers and Riders feel like they’re driving with a friend, creating an atmosphere of trust and sisterhood.
At Wilma, we recognize the dignity and worth of every person and will provide equal rights and opportunities without discrimination. Therefore, non-binary and trans people will be provided access that is consistent with their gender identity. If you wish to be a Rider member with Wilma, and your gender identity is female, please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to be provided access.
No, there are no fees to be a Driver with Wilma.
From the moment you join Wilma as a Rider or Driver member, not only are you in the driver’s seat of your protection and comfort, you become a part of a travelling sisterhood community that enjoys both savings and perks. As a Rider, you are never charged a per ride booking fee, saving you up to $4.75 per ride (varies City by City). As a Driver, at 15% commission, we offer incredible earning potential on ride fares.
While our rides are not free, unlike other ride hailing alternatives, we do not charge booking fees per ride, saving you up to $4.75 (City dependent) per ride.
Wilma is dedicated to the safety, comfort and empowerment of our Riders and Drivers alike. We take the safety of our members very seriously, incorporating features and requirements such as:
- Thorough vetting of our Drivers’ background and driving history through the Wilma platform API integration of Certn – a third-party leader in background screening solutions. Background screening for Wilma Drivers includes safe driving record, criminal background and judicial matters checks
- Incorporation of Driver facial recognition technology for driver’s licence identity verification
- Wilma Rider / Driver community guidelines developed to support and safeguard a welcoming environment for our Riders and Drivers alike. Failure to comply with the agreed upon guidelines will result in loss of access to the Wilma platform
- Rider members must always be in the car with their guests and guests are required to follow the Wilma community guidelines
Yes! Memberships can be gifted to all the women in your life that you want to see get from point A to point B with peace of mind. Yearly, quarterly and monthly memberships are available for gifting, as well as opportunities for your organization to provide Wilma memberships to your female employees.
In order to drive with Wilma, please see our Driver and Vehicle requirements below:
- You have a valid Ontario Driver’s License – Class G or equivalent (G1 or G2 is not allowed), you have a minimum of 3 years of driving history in Ontario, you are 25 yrs old or older and your Driver’s License gender is designated as Female.
- Your name is listed on the insurance policy submitted. If you are a secondary driver, please include a photo of the insurance policy document that has your name on it. Please ensure your insurance company is aware that you will be participating in rideshare activities.
- Your vehicle has an Ontario license plate and is in good condition with no visible damage, has 4 doors and working seatbelts for every passenger including yourself. To drive in London Ontario your vehicle must be 10 years or newer, for Toronto and GTA your vehicle must be 7 years or newer. Please note commercial branding on your vehicle is not permitted and your vehicle cannot be salvaged or rebuilt. Please ensure that the car information on the submitted registration matches the vehicle description of the submitted insurance document.
- The name on your Proof of Work Eligibility matches your Driver’s License name and your Proof of Work document is not expired. Valid Proof of Work Eligibility documents include: Canadian passport, Canadian Residency card, Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship card, Certificate of Indian Status and Canadian Work Permit.
- Your vehicle must pass an inspection by a mechanic licensed by the Ministry of Transportation, who will then issue you a Safety Standards Certificate (SSC). This inspection must be completed annually while driving with Wilma. Please ensure you upload a photo of your Safety Standards Certificate (SSC) within 60 days of passing the inspection for London and 36 days for Toronto and the GTA. For locations of licensed mechanics in London Ontario, please see our list of affiliated licensed mechanics.
- To drive with Wilma, you must also pass a Motor Vehicle Record check and Criminal Record and Judicial Matters check. Wilma uses a third-party company, Certn, to review these screenings.
- You can sign up to be a Rider by simply clicking on the link on our homepage that says “Become a Rider/Member”.
- You can become a Driver by downloading the WILMA DRIVER app and following the simple steps to drive for Wilma.
- You can GIFT a membership to any woman you love or care about by going to the homepage and clicking on “Gift a membership”.
The minimum age to become a Wilma Rider member is 18.
Absolutely! Wilma is all about business travel made easy, giving you the opportunity to offer your female employees a safe, easy and hassle-free commute to work, to business events, to the airport or home. We invite you to join the rally cry for female employee safety to / from the workplace, by giving the gift of peace of mind. To find out more, contact us.
Wilma Riders can choose from a variety of membership options to best suit their needs.
- Annual membership – $155.88 (costing only $12.99 per month)
- Quarterly membership – $41.97 (costing only $13.99 per month)
- Monthly membership – $14.99 per month
Get in Touch!
Tell us what is on your mind and how we can help.